In 1956, about 85 people, under the ministry of Rev. William D. Johnson, began worshiping in family homes. Their desire was to start a new Presbyterian church that believes the Bible is God's perfect word to us, where Jesus Christ is exalted as Savior and Lord, and where salvation through faith in Christ alone are emphasized. In 1959 the congregation built its first building. In 1982 the church joined the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). And in 1992 the congregation purchased the historic Long Run Presbyterian Church building, where we currently meet.
Rev. Johnson pastored Calvin until 1958. After him, Calvin was pastored by Rev. Robert Milliken (1959-1964), Rev. Samuel Ward (1964-1982), Rev. Robert Weeber (1983-2006), and Rev. Aaron Garber (2006-present).
From its beginning Calvin has worshiped morning and evening on the Lord's Day.